Inspired by Gibson Collection
Classic Semi-hollowbody Electric from Gibson
Get a true American original with the Gibson ES-335. Introduced in 1958 as Gibson's first thinline archtop electric, the ES-335 has continued to win over legions of devoted players for 60 years. Featuring a beautifully resonant maple/poplar/maple body, quartersawn mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, and a pair of MHS II Humbuckers, this vintage instrument puts out one-of-a-kind tone that is ideal for jazz and blues but can also translate easily into rock as well. Many Sweetwater guitarists have fallen for the Gibson ES-335.
Legendary tone from alnico humbuckers
The pair of MHS II Humbuckers in this Gibson Memphis ES-335 is ideal for tube amplifiers. Each with its own volume and tone controls, this ES-335's Alnico pickups will let you dial in chiming country tones as easily as aggressive rock tones. The Alnico V magnets give you classic hollowbody-style tones for everything from smooth jazz to dirty blues. And with an MTC Plus (Memphis Tone Circuit) hand-wired with 500k pots and orange drop capacitors, you'll have nearly endless tone-shaping control at your fingertips.
Handcrafted in the Gibson factory on Beale Street
Nobody makes a semi-hollowbody guitar like Gibson. This superb ES-335 is handcrafted in Gibson's Memphis Custom Shop on Beale Street for quality craftsmanship you can count on, from a city that knows how blues should sound. Carefully selected maple and poplar tonewoods give the Gibson Memphis ES-335 its signature bark. And a carefully calipered body cavity with a solid center block gives it its controlled howl and haunting sustain, all while reducing onstage feedback.
Gibson ES-335, Vintage Burst
- Maple/poplar/maple semi-hollowbody shouts, barks, and howls blues and rock
- Center-block design adds sustain and controls feedback
- Specially calibrated MHS II Humbucking pickups deliver vintage PAF-like tone
- Rounded "C" neck profile with rolled binding and rosewood fingerboard
- MTC Plus — 2 volumes, 2 tones, 3-way toggle switch for a wide array of tone-shaping possibilities
- Adjustable ABR-1 bridge with plated brass saddles enhances tone and playability
- Grover Milk Bottle tuners keep you in tune onstage and in the studio
- Classic pearloid dot inlays and mother-of-pearl headstock crown
- Incl. original Gibson ES-335 Hardshell Case